Parent Selector Column is intended to lookup to self (containing list) in order to display hierarchical data. Main difference with standard SharePoint Lookup is absence of own item (standard SharePoint Lookup contains own item).
Users can also use the picker dialog to choose data from large lists.
You can easily convert exising standard Lookup column to "ArtfulBits Parent Selector" column and use data filtering, picker dialog, and other features. Conversion of ArtfulBits Parent Selector to standard Lookup allows editing content in Datasheet view.
- Exclude own item from lookup list
- Powerful function of seacrhing inside lookup list. Using a Picker Dialog for searching items in lookup lists
- Filtering retrieved data using exising list views
- Single and multiple lookup for standard mode and using Picker Dialog
- Conversion between "Artfulbits Parent Selector" column and standard SharePoint "Lookup" column
- Validating Hierarchical Integrity (checking whether hierarchical data is non-cyclic)
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Parent Selector Column?
If you have hierarchical data in a list and you need to lookup data in own list (containing list), usingArtfulBits Parent Selector column is the best choice.
Parent Selector Column is a free trial software application from the Components & Libraries subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-04-29. The program can be installed on Windows2003.
Parent Selector Column (version 2.0) has a file size of 2.01 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 125 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.